September 8, 2011

CALLAB // CHIANG MAI BOW TIE W/ RASHON CARRAWAY

Summer has run me ragged. Now that we are transitioning into fall I am definitely feeling like its time to hunker down and you know...make stuff.I have to admit its been a struggle to stay focused this summer as I've been bombarded with what seemed to be endless birthday and wedding celebrations. However, en lieu of creating bow ties I've been trying to keep myself somewhat creatively active with cooking and crafting when I can find the time. I'll have to share some of those projects here.


I regrettably had not sewn in a while when I was contacted by Rashon Carraway a.k.a Mr. Goodwill Hunting about commissioning two custom bow ties from his beautiful Chiang Mai linen fabric. 


I made two ties with contrasting linen similar to this one of a kind silk bow tie I made a while back.



Much to my delight the fabric was much more amazing in person. And the contrasting fabrics that Rashon picked worked so well. Here are the results.



I think this one is my favorite.





What do you think? Which one do you like best?! Rashon will be on the Nate Berkus show on September 20 wearing the coral Chiang Mai. Tune in if you can! Unfortunately I will be at work, but I'm definitely going to DVR the show. Sa-weet!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...