June 14, 2014

Infused: Ginger Gin and Rosemary/Berry Vodka



A few months ago gin mules started popping up on bar menus and I couldn't resist. I freaking love all things ginger and the mules inspired me to infuse some delicious gin with ginger. In the second bottle I wanted to try my hand in emulating one of my favorites from Boston. There was an awesome restaurant near my old job called Silvertone. They make this amazing raspberry vodka from scratch. Each time the flavor is different and more delicious than the last.

This vodka will not be as good as Silvertone (ha!), but it will be very very tasty. The best part is that the flavor becomes more intense as the liquor sits with the ingredients. 

It’s super simple to make and would be a great last minute gift for fathers day, if your dad enjoys a mixed drink. You can switch up the flavors to match your taste. 

I had leftover paint sample papers, which turned out to be perfect for bottle labels. 

Enjoy!

Ingredients

Ginger Gin
  • Gin
  • Zest of two limes
  • 1/4 cup sugar or to taste
  • About a 3” piece of ginger diced and peeled 
Use as little or as much ginger as you want. Over time the flavor will get more intense, you can always add more. 

Rosemary/Berry Vodka
  • Frozen or fresh berries
  • 1/4 cup sugar or to taste
  • 3 sprigs rosemary





No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...