October 7, 2011

"GRILLED" SALMON TACOS



I Love tacos. So, when I saw this recipe on Etsy I knew I had to make it. I've made them twice each time a bit different (you know I don't like to follow directions). Follow the recipe link for the original recipe.These measurement are all approximate, so please season to taste.

Ingredients/Directions

For the Salmon Fillet
I clearly didn't grill the salmon. I baked it at 380 degrees for about 15 minutes and then broiled on high until slightly brown.
  • 1 teaspoon - Seasoning salt (Adobo)
  • 1 teaspoon - Smoked Paprika, this is key since I did not grill
  • 1 teaspoon - Ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon - Olive oil
  • 1 Garlic clove
For the Salsa
I put about a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet with two cloves of garlic on high heat. This time I used frozen corn and peppers, half of a medium sized red onion and sauteed them in a cast iron skillet. I added a bit of Cayenne pepper for spice, but would definitely caution making it too spicy if you add a Jalapeno (with seeds) to this mixture.
  • Corn
  • Onions
  • Peppers
  • Two small garlic cloves
  • Cherry Tomatoes (Optional)
  • Jalapeno pepper
  • Seasoning salt
  • Black pepper
  • Smoked Paprika
  • Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
 
 

For the toppings I chopped a small red cabbage and fresh Cilantro. The recipe calls for Feta Cheese, but I didn't have any on hand this time, feta adds a great flavor/texture element to this meal.


Heat up medium size tortilla in a greased pan. I used a bit of olive oil. You can also just pop them in the oven, which should be warm from the salmon.



Pile everything on and enjoy! Yum



Shop BB  | Like BB on Facebook | Follow BB on Twitter

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...