June 8, 2015

How to Plant an Urban Garden



I wish I could grow everything that I eat. In due time! I have no outdoor space so for now I am determined to use my space as efficiently as possible. I’m starting with the double door Juliet balcony in my kitchen along with the space just below it. If i need more space then I will move to the balcony in my bedroom. Here’s what I have planted now.
  • Sweet Basil
  • Thai Basil
  • Red Basil
  • Sage
  • Rosemary
  • Lemon Thyme
  • Thyme
  • Oregano
  • Lemon Bomb
  • Parsley
  • Lavender
  • Zucchini
  • Bell Peppers
  • Hot Peppers
  • Cherry Tomato
  • Lemon Tree
  • Lime Tree
  • Chives
Insert super smiley emoji. :-D

May 20
June 6
What’s Left
I would like to plant lots of lettuce, mixed greens and romaine, along with jasmine and cilantro. I might add more herbs if i find I need more.

note: I added two more thyme plants

There are so many creative ways to start a garden. While I was researching railing options I was encouraged by all the choices. In the end this option worked best for my round railings and went well with the aesthetics of the building. I find that herbs and plants in general, do much better outside

May 20

May 20
June 6
June 6
June 6
June 6
June 6

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...