March 19, 2014

Styled: Suit Style for Women Inspired by Menswear

 


"Only YOU could pull that off!" I hear this a lot from people in reference to me wearing menswear inspired looks, of course I do not think that I have magic menswear powers. Pulling this look off is actually very simple. I put together a few easy ways that I would wear a suit.
The cut of the suit if very important, you want to make sure that it flatters your body type. The tapered leg and the true waist fit on the pants allow me to wear the bottoms with a number of shoe options. If I were to go with a wide leg or a boot cut, I would want the pants longer so flat shoes would be out of the question. I also like that the jacket has no lapel on it. While I love the classics this feels very modern and it is less heavy on my small frame. Lets get into the looks.

Outfit# 1
This is my take on a sexy night out look. I paired this suit with an asymmetrical crop top and red strappy shoes. I went very minimal with accessories so that the outfit stands out.

Suit | H&M, Top | lulus.com, Shoes | Zara

Outfit# 2
This is if you want to go all out with the menswear inspiration. In the first outfit I was going for a monochromatic look. A monochromatic look can be super chic and is definitely a go to for me. In part two I styled it slightly different with the vintage tie & men's hat.

Bow tie | brownbelle, Shirt | Thomas Pink, Shoes | Steve Madden, Hat | Target, Tie | Vintage, Tie Clip | Vintage from TARI DC

Outfit #3
This is a fun way to wear a suit. I love this flowy tuxedo inspired high-low t-shirt with this suit. A classic sneaker like these chucks keeps it casual and stylish. Most people have a vintage/classic t-shirt in their wardrobe and a pair of chucks. Definitely wear a classic sneaker if you are going for this look.

Earrings | Vintage, Shirt | Nasty Gal, Shoes | Chuck Taylor 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...