February 4, 2012

HOW TO WEAR A BOW TIE // NEON BLAZER, CORAL DRESS, BROWNBELLE BOW TIE









I looove bright spring colors and I love blazers...actually I might be obsessed. So I was super excited to walk into H&M last week to see all the beautiful neon and coral clothes for their spring collection. AMAZE-BALLS! I walked away with three blazers including this awesome structured yellow blazer. 

With items this brightly colored I think it’s awesome, simple and pretty ballsy to color block with other complementary bold bright colors. Adding a blazer to an outfit instantly adds a bit of chicness and can pull everything all together especially when you want to rock a bow tie.


Women always tell me that they can't pull off a bow tie.  I always tell them there are so many ways to pull it off without going the more traditional route (seen here). 


For beginners I think the key to pulling of this look is by adding ONE more traditional item like a blazer. As you can see here this look with and without the blazer has a completely different feel. The blazer adds continuity and a little androgyny that makes it all come together.

bow tie//brownbelle, dress//free people, blazer & nail polish//h&m, shoes//Miz Mooz


2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...