June 28, 2011

FINDING CREATIVE RHYTHM

I like making things. For as long as I can remember I've been creative. But my flighty Aquarian nature sometimes hinders my ability stay on beat. For me improving my creative process was a necessity in order to begin to build Brownbelle.

Personally creativity is as much about the imagination and artistic freedom as it is about process and repeatable actions. The key for me, however, is not to be defined by the process. I have a small (read huge) problem with rules and routine, even when I set them myself.


When I first started I would make one bow tie at a time from start to finish, but quickly learned that while it’s satisfying to start and finish something in its entirety, my time would be better used if I made things assembly line style. Now I have a rhythm that works for me. This is just one small example, but the point is that everyone process can be improved while keeping continuity and sanity. It’s been a lot of sleepless nights and hard work, but the challenge keeps me hungry.


I read this somewhere:
 
Creativity = 1% Inspiration + 99% Perspiration

Good thing I’m Sure.









No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...