December 29, 2010

BEAUTY ON A BUDGET

I'm a sucker for beauty buys on a budget. Most of the beauty items that I use daily are from the drugstore. Drugstore beauty brands have come a long way, and while I do believe that higher end brands sometimes offer better quality and there are defiantly items that are worth spending the money on, you can still look beautiful on a budget.





1 Rimmel London | Lash Accelerator Mascara $7.49
I feel bad not including my go to mascara for years (Maybelline Volum’ Express Turbo Boost Mascara | $7.49). BUT! I recently started using Rimmel Lash Accelerator and I love this stuff. I have noticed my lashes are longer since using this mascara. Mascara is all about the brush, I tend to stay away from plastic brushes because I usually don't like the results. The Rimmel brush distributes the product nicely and I definitely achieve the volume and length that I want.

2 L’Oreal | Colour Juice $7.99
I’m afraid CVS has stopped carrying this collection (sad face), but I’ve had luck finding them in other stores like ULTA. My go to color is Passion Fruit Squeeze. This is a great neutral color for brown girls and I try to have one of these in every bag.

3 Black Radiance | Desert Clay Eyeshadow Quartet $4.99
This palette is great for beginners, because it consists of neutral colors that will look great on a range of skin tones. I love this palette because gold looks great on all skin tones which makes this very versatile for an array of women and brown can be used to achieve a natural look on darker brown skin or a smokey eye on lighter skin.

4 Maybelline | Line Stylist $6.99
This is an eyeliner but I use it as an eyebrow pencil because its hard to find the right color pencil. When I feel like splurging I buy MAC eyebrow pencil in STUD.

5 Maybelline | Color Sensational $7.49
I currently have three of these: Nearly There (205), Plum Perfect (435) and Red Revival (645) which is my favorite. The color selection is awesome and always make my lips look plump and soft with a hint of shine.

6 Suave Professionals | Almond Shea Butter $3.49
Works surprisingly well on my natural hair and for this price, this is definitely a steal.

7 Organics by Africa’s Best | Hair Mayonnaise $4.99
Love this stuff, it’s super cheap and leaves my hair very soft and moisturized. For a homemade deep conditioner I add organic coconut milk, organic raw honey, and EVOO.

8 Sally Hansen Complete Manicure Nail Color | Commander in Chic $7.49
Love the brush in this collection, great selection of colors and you can’t beat a manicure in a bottle.

9 Denman Brush | $8-$10
This is a natural hair staple, great for de-tangling my coils.


I want to know what your favorite beauty buys are on a budget. If you have any questions email me or leave a comment below.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...