October 20, 2011

SO LONG TAYLOR


I sold the last "Taylor". Now don't get me wrong sales are good, but this tie was definitely special. I went thrifting on a particularly beautiful spring day on a whim because I was not feeling very motivated or creative. I was trying desperately to find the spark by cooking and crafting my way out of the rut with no luck.

After a pretty lackluster visit to the craft store I stopped at Salvation Army. I walked by this shirt several times before it caught my eye. It was actually a vintage designer shirt that I thought was absolutely hideous, but I saw the potential it had to be an awesome bow tie. 

These are some of the reasons why I started  brownbelle. I love finding new potential in old things, thrift shopping, and creating pieces that are one-of-a-kind and/or distinctive.



2 comments :

  1. I am such a huge fan of your work and your philosophy.


    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! I love it <3

    www.milavojtowicz.blogspot.com my blog with DIY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...